What is your favorite new genre show?

Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

UPFRONT buzz: FOX

Next week FOX will unveil its fall sked to advertisers, but today we got a first glimpse to the new and returning shows that will appear on its schedule.

NEW SHOWS:
*ALCATRAZ: Whew! I was worried this one wasnt going to go to series. Its from JJ Abrams, and that alone had me excited. Its a time-travel show, and you saw how LOST was, soo...YAY!
*THE NEW GIRL: Zooey Deschanel in a situation comedy where she moves in with 3 guys. Kinda sounds like a variation on Three's Company. Damon Wayans Jr of HAPPY ENDINGS is also in the cast, and the fate of that ABC comedy will determine whether he can be in the new Fox show.
*TERRA NOVA: I totally cant wait to see this show, which has been over 16 months in the making. Looks AWESOME!
*THE X FACTOR: With THE VOICE a hit, and this new Simon Cowell singing competition, I have all but decided to ditch American Idol. Its time, dont you think?
*I HATE MY TEENAGE DAUGHTER: Jamie Presley is back in a new comedy.
*THE FINDER: THe Bones spinoff got a pick-up.

CANNED:
*BREAKING IN, THE CHICAGO CODE, TRAFFIC LIGHTE, LIE TO ME and HUMAN TARGET. I don't watch any of these, so I am pretty happy right now.

ALCATRAZ and LOCKE & KEY were the two shows I wanted FOX to pick up, and I at least got my wish on one of them.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATES THROUGHOUT THE WEEK.

No comments: