What is your favorite new genre show?

Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, September 20, 2010

FALL TV REVIEW: BOARDWALK EMPIRE

There is no doubt that Martin Scorsese's new HBO drama is a scrumptious winner that take place during Prohibition, a time period I knew little about before the pilot. The show is well-written, well-acted, well-filmed and, well, might fine! It's like a feature film. But the continuing storyline worries me because I don't know if I will want to return to this time period once a week. I think EMPIRE is one of those shows that will work best taking in 3 or 4 episodes at a time, because if one waits once a week to watch, then you are pulled out of the moment and have to re-charge to get back into it. Still, this show will surely make some noise come awards time. A-

No comments: