What is your favorite new genre show?

Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, June 7, 2010

SUMMER TV REVIEW: ARE WE THERE YET?

ARE WE THERE YET is the kind of comedy that would have worked brilliantly in the 80s or 90s, but compared to the sophistication of family-themed comedies in the last decade (THE MIDDLE, EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS, MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE), AWTY falls into the generic-humor category. On TBS, the show is a fine fit, though, and the execution pretty much matched my expectation. In fact, by the second episode, I felt the cast was clicking more. I also found the supporting cast to be quite funny, with Keesha Sharp pretty much stealing the show as Gigi. I am also a fan of daddy Terry Crews. He is HOT. My only quips are with the casting of Essence Atkins as the Mom and Christian Finnigan as Nick's white friend Martin. C+

No comments: