What is your favorite new genre show?

Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, May 17, 2010

UPFRONTS 2010-2011: FOX

MONDAYS: HOUSE kicks things off at 8, no surprise there. That leads into the new drama series LONESTAR, which sounds intriguing. Could this have tinges of DALLAS to it, or it will it be more like JUSTIFIED? I havent a clue, which is always exciting. The show sounds original enough, and I look forward to sampling it.
UPFRONT GRADE: B
SHOWS I WILL WATCH: LONESTAR
HOURS: 1.00

TUESDAYS: GLEE goes to 8, which is great as a platform to lead into the live-action comedies RAISING HOPE and RUNNING WILDE, two newbies that I will be sure to sample. But given FOXs track record with LIVE ACTION, I won't hold my breath (ahem, BROTHERS, TIL DEATH and SONS OF TUCSON).
UPFRONT GRADE: A-
SHOWS I WILL WATCH: GLEE, RAISING HOPE, and RUNNING WILDE. My kinda night!
HOURS: 2.00

WEDNESDAYS: LIE TO ME makes a surprising 3rd season return, followed by reality HELL'S KITCHEN. Not a fan of either, so don't look for me to watch FOX on this night until AMERICAN IDOL returns mid-season.
UPFRONT GRADE: C-
SHOWS I WILL WATCH: NONE
HOURS: NONE

THURSDAYS: BONES is back, though not with me. I never did jump on the BONES bandwagon. As for FRINGE, it all depends if I screen seasons 1 and 2 on DVD before-hand, which I plan to do over the summer. I don't want to miss out on another season of FRINGE, which I hear is great.
UPFRONT GRADE: B-
SHOWS I WILL WATCH: FRINGE
HOURS: 1.00

FRIDAYS: AWESOME NEWS! Fox is going with scripted again, though I worry that HUMAN TARGET won't find an audience here. But I am also intrigued with GOOD GUYS being on the sked, seeing as how that show hasnt even previewed yet for summer. FOX must have faith in it. I am looking forward to it. Both actually. Only saw HUMAN TARGET a couple times this season and liked what I saw.
UPFRONT GRADE: For a Friday, I give this an A
SHOWS I WILL WATCH: maybe HUMAN TARGET, maybe GOOD GUYS. Just not gonna commit at this time to either one.
HOURS: None

SATURDAY: COPS, more COPS, then AMERICAS MOST WANTED
UPFRONT: For a Saturday, a B- (Hey, at least its original programming!)
SHOWS I WILL WATCH: None
HOURS: None

SUNDAY: Animation Domination continues: SIMPSONS, CLEVELAND SHOW, FAMILY GUY and AMERICAN DAD.
UPFRONT GRADE: B
SHOWS I WILL WATCH: SIMPSONS and AMERICAN DAD
HOURS: 1.00

OVERALL GRADE: B-
SHOWS I WILL WATCH: LONESTAR, GLEE, RAISING HOPE, RUNNING WILDE, FRINGE, SIMPSONS and AMERICAN DAD
TOTAL HOURS: 5.00

MIDSEASON: RIDE-ALONG, AMERICAN IDOL, MIXED SIGNALS, and BOB'S BURGERS. Yay to all!

No comments: