What is your favorite new genre show?

Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, March 1, 2010

WINTER TV REVIEW: THE MARRIAGE REF

Hmmmm...this is a hard show to grade. My first reaction to the first few minutes was to knee-herk the show with an F grade. But I decided to be fair and watch all 30 minutes. Miraculously, the show improved, even though the content didnt. I know that doesnt make much sense, but there was something in the tone of the series that worked for me, even though it shouldnt have. First, the taped segments seemed staged, and I am not sure what the true purpose of REF is. But I did laugh along with the all-star panel, and it did mindlessly pass the time. But I really dont see the show being all that much of a hit in the long run. And maybe not even in the short run. You decide. Or not. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Yada yada yada. C-

1 comment:

Stan said...

I caught some of it last night and your right it's pretty lame to me. Maybe straight people will like it?