What is your favorite new genre show?

Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, March 18, 2010

NBC COMEDY RETURNS INTACT

Yesterday it was announced that the entire NBC Thursday comedy lineup of COMMUNITY, PARKS & REC, THE OFFICE and 30 ROCK will all be back for the 2010/2011 season. Whether or not all four shows keep their current timeslots will depend on NBCs comedy development of pilots. I imagine NBC will done a slight tinkering, maybe moving one of those shows out of its current spot to allow a preview of a new show, or NBC may do what ABC did last year and launch an hour or two of totally new comedy shows on Wednesday night. Personally, I think NBC should leave Thursdays alone and let the comedy shows find their own footing. It's an awesome line-up, and one that I don't want to see messed up. After the terrible KATH & KIM and the uninteresting MY NAME IS EARL, I think NBC finally has it's MUST SEE groove back on.

I'm still jumping with joy to see COMMUNITY back. That, and PARKS, are my two fave new shows. I still love THE OFFICE and 30 ROCK, but they've established themselves, whereas the first two were underdogs much of the season. COMMUNITY ranks #3 in my FAVE NEW SHOWS LINE-UP (THE MIDDLE and GLEE taking the top two spots, and V and MODERN FAMILY ranking 4 and 5.)

No comments: