What is your favorite new genre show?

Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

WINTER TV REVIEW: RICKY GERVAIS SHOW

This year I decided to watch every new pilot and write up a review. For hour longs, I watch 75% of the show if I don't like it, and 100% if I do. For comedies, I like to watch the entire 30 minutes. But when I watched THE RICKY GERVAIS SHOW, an animated diddy based on Ricky's Podcasts, I could only stomach about 8 minutes before tuning out. Yes, it was that painful. I am finding Ricky to be someone who is entirely full of himself. In fact, it's become really hard for me to watch someone that doesnt care about rules, as evidenced by his miserable handle of hosting the Golden Globes this year. Too bad, too, because I want to like him, and i wanted to like this new show. But now the love affair is officially over. F

1 comment:

Stan said...

I agree he was a complete asshole at the Globes. I really don't find him very funny.
I looking forward to the Oscars on Sunday to see how Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin are going to handle co-hosting. I like them both so I think it should be good.