What is your favorite new genre show?

Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Long Hot (and HUMID) Summer is Over...

At least it was very humid in FLORIDA..GRRR! But for all my bickering about the horrible summer months in Florida, I wouldnt want to be anywhere else come Winter.

Except for maybe in front of my TV set! LOST says goodbye in a 2010 Feb to May rollout.

But before then, its FALL TV, BABY! And I will be reviewing each and every new fall show that comes down the pipeline, beginning with tonight's CW reboot of MELROSE PLACE.

But before then, I just want to list my favorite summer TV show newbies of 2009:

1. NURSE JACKIE: I was pleasantly surprised to fall in love with this new SHOWTIME dramedy. Merrit Wever is EXCELLENT as the green nurse in the group.
2 MICHAEL & MICHAEL HAVE ISSUES: Comedy Central hit comedy gold with this wry series starring Michael Showalter and Michael Ian Black.
3. MERLIN: At times cheesy, this was still a solid, entertaining tryout for NBC. Ratings were woeful, so dont expect a second season stateside, unless BBCAMERICA runs the already-shot second season.
4. TOSH.O: Already renewed for a second season, look for this show to break out BIG when it's new episodes run. Its fucking hilarious, and controversial, too! I cant believe they get away with what they do.
5. WAREHOUSE 13: This SyFy show was slow to start, but is improving.

Sorry, but DROP DEAD DIVA, RUBY AND THE ROCKITS, 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU, THE SUPERSTARS and (especially) DEFYING GRAVITY failed to make the cut.

I never did watch HUNG, but that can wait. It was renewed, too!

As for returning shows, TRUE BLOOD stayed AWESOME, and BETTER OFF TED kept me smiling. Look for season 3 of TRUE next summer, and more TED this winter on ABC.

No comments: