What is your favorite new genre show?

Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

OLD SHOWS: NEW FAN

OLD SHOWS; NEW FAN
THE OFFICE....SUPERNATURAL....RULES OF ENGAGEMENT...THE BIG BANG THEORY...

These four shows represent television programming that I initially said NO to, but eventually rediscovered during the 2008-2009 season to actually like.

*RULES OF ENGAGEMENT: Of the four shows, RULES is my least favorite. I first saw the show in season 1 and immediately deemed it unwatchable, in no large part to David Spade. I watched it again a few episodes into it's third season because, well, nothing else excited me after TWO AND A HALF MEN, especially the awful WORST WEEK. So I sampled it again, and after a couple episodes it started to make me laugh. Still, it's not like it's ever going to be my favorite show, and, really, is something I watch to kill time. Next year RULES is not on the fall line-up, but will be plugged into the CBS schedule when a hole arises (perhaps to replace ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE? Or maybe GARY UNMARRIED?)

*THE OFFICE: I watched the premiere episode of THE OFFICE five years ago, and BLECH! I didnt think I would ever like they style the show presented, and I gave up on THE OFFICE after one viewing. I watched the dinner party episode from the 2007-2008 season and liked what I saw. But it wasnt until the 2008-2009 season that I DVRed the show and grew to love it. THE OFFICE is brilliant, especially after watching an episode of the inferior PARKS & RECREATION. Now I cant wait to see what happens next to the Dunder-Miflin gang.

*THE BIG BANG THEORY: It's interesting: at what point do you watch the cast of a tv show and say YES! I LIKE THESE CHARACTERS? For me, I just didnt like the cast of BIG BANG when I saw the pilot. Ashame, because I didnt watch the show again until a few episodes into season 2. Immediately on my second helping, I couldnt get enough of Sheldon, Leonard, Penny and the gang. Until BIG BANG, HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER was my must-see comedy. Now it's BIG BANG.

*SUPERNATURAL: I watched my first couple of SUPER episodes when I bought the season 1 DVD three years ago. It was okay, but it didnt hook me in. Then, during this past season 4, I took in a couple of episodes and really enjoyed the mythology the series had taken on. This prompted me to stop watching season 4, go out and buy seasons 2 and 3 on DVD, and start watching the series all over again, from the beginning. I am now caught up through the first 3 seasons, and now have to wait until September 1st to buy the season 4 DVD: all in preparation for the season 5 to air in 2009-2010 on The CW.

No comments: