What is your favorite new genre show?

Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

FALL TV 2009-2010: NBC

NBC FALL TV: 2009-2010
NBC becomes the third network to reveal it's upfront sked, which is literally broken into two seasons with most shows taking on shortened episode orders. New for fall are TRAUMA, PARENTHOOD, COMMUNITY, SNL THURSDAYS. New for Midseason are MERCY, DAY ONE, 100 QUESTIONS and THE MARRIAGE REF.

MONDAYS: It's HEROES and TRAUMA for the Fall. I gave up on HEROES two years ago. As for TRAUMA, that one looks interesting.

NUMBER OF NBC PROGRAMMING I WILL WATCH: One (Trauma)

TUESDAYS: THE BIGGEST LOSER will remain 2 hours.

NUMBER OF NBC PROGRAMMING I WILL WATCH: Zero.

WEDNESDAYS: Ron Howard's new PARENTHOOD might be fun, but then I will tune out when LAW AND ORDER SVU airs.

NUMBER OF NBC PROGRAMMING I WILL WATCH: One (PARENTHOOD)

THURSDAYS: I am there for NBC all night long (maybe even for Leno, too): SNL THURSDAY WEEKEND UPDATE goes for 6 episodes, PARKS & RECREATION is back for season 2; my fave THE OFFICE is at 9, and buzzy newcomer COMMUNITY at 9:30. After SNL completes it's run, COMMUNITY moves to its slot so that 30 ROCK can debut in the old COMMUNITY slot following THE OFFICE.

NUMBER OF NBC PROGRAMMING I WILL WATCH: Two (all four comedies)

FRIDAYS: Nothing to crow about, however LAW & ORDER ties GUNSMOKE for 20 seasons on TV. SOUTHLAND returns.

NUMBER OF NBC PROGRAMMING I WILL WATCH: Zero

SATURDAYS: Repeatsville

NUMBER OF NBC PROGRAMMING I WILL WATCH: Zero

SUNDAYS: FOOTBALL!

NUMBER OF NBC PROGRAMMING I WILL WATCH: Zero.

TOTAL HOURS OF NBC PROGRAMMING I WILL WATCH IN THE FALL: Four Hours

MIDSEASON: Won't come soon enough! CHUCK takes over HEROES and DAY ONE takes over TRAUMA. 100 QUESTIONS takes over when BIGGEST LOSER goes to 90 minutes; MERCY takes over PARENTHOOD; MARRIAGE REF and CELEBRITY APPRENTICE take over for Football.

HERE ARE THE NEW SHOWS I AM MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING:

COMMUNITY (9)

100 QUESTIONS (8)

DAY ONE (8)

TRAUMA (7)

PARENTHOOD (7)

MERCY (3)

HERE ARE THE OVERALL SHOWS I AM MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING (FALL ONLY):

THE OFFICE

COMMUNITY

SNL THURSDAYS

PARKS & RECREATION

TRAUMA

PARENTHOOD

MISSING PILOTS: LEGALLY MAD would have been fun with Kristen Chenowerth, but maybe this will free her up to be on GLEE full-time.

OVERALL OUTLOOK: Just like ABC and FOX before it, it's NBC's midseason sked that looks to be the most fun. I give the FALL sked a B- and the winter sked a B. I am also looking forward to watching JAY LENO SHOW whenever possible.

No comments: