What is your favorite new genre show?

Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

FALL TV 2009-2010: THE CW

CW FALL TV: 2009-2010
THE CW network was the fifth and final major network to announce it's fall schedule to advertisers today. The new fall shows are MELROSE PLACE, VAMPIRE DIARIES and BEAUTIFUL LIFE. At midseason comes PARENTAL DISCRETION ADVISED.

MONDAYS: The combo of GOSSIP GIRL and ONE TREE HILL remain intact.

HOURS OF CW PROGRAMMING I WILL WATCH: Zero

TUESDAYS: 90210 gets paired with MELROSE PLACE, which was one of my favorite soaps from the 90s.


HOURS OF CW PROGRAMMING I WILL WATCH: One (MELROSE PLACE)

WEDNESDAYS: AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL gets paired with model companion drama BEAUTIFUL LIFE.


HOURS OF CW PROGRAMMING I WILL WATCH: One (BEAUTIFUL LIFE)

THURSDAYS: Vampires rule (TRUE BLOOD and TWILIGHT), so here comes THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, which is followed by the awesome SUPERNATURAL.


HOURS OF CW PROGRAMMING I WILL WATCH: Two (VAMPIRE and SUPER)

FRIDAYS: SMALLVILLE airs its ninth, and maybe final, season, followed by ANTM encore.


HOURS OF CW PROGRAMMING I WILL WATCH: Zero

NUMBER OF CW PROGRAMMING I WILL WATCH IN THE FALL: Four Hours

MIDSEASON:PARENTAL DISCRETION ADVISED

HERE, IN ORDER, ARE THE NEW SHOWS I AM MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING:

MELROSE PLACE (9)

VAMPIRE DIARIES (8)

BEAUTIFUL LIFE (7)

HERE, OVERALL, ARE THE SHOWS I AM MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING:

MELROSE PLACE

SUPERNATURAL

VAMPIRE DIARIES

BEAUTIFUL LIFE

MISSING PILOTS: The 80s set GOSSIP GIRL spin-off didn't make the cut.

OVERALL OUTLOOK: THE CW has some hot, though teen-skewing, dramas on slate. Compared to season's past, the 2009-2010 CW line-up looks like its most promising yet. I will definitely be checking them out come fall. I give the sked an A-

No comments: